Friday 12 December 2008

Hottest Trend this Holiday Season: Take the Handmade Pledge

All of you out there who know (and love) etsy.com understand the importance and value of the handmade crafted goods - be it clothing, jewelry, furniture, art, or even baked goods. The Handmade Pledge is a pledge that you sign on-line at http://www.buyhandmade.org/ . Basically you pledge to buy and give all handmade gifts. Not only does this open up the door for artists of all kinds, but especially with times so tight for many people, giving a unique gift of high quality will have a much longer lasting effect than quantity.

Here at the FDL team, I think it's to assume that most of us will be giving or creating gifts ourselves for our loved ones.

We are such a talented group (to toot our own horn) that has a large variety of items to choose from. Many of us are offering holiday specials...wink wink.

So I hope that some of our readers consider signing this pledge if you haven't done so already. I can tell you honestly that everytime I buy a gift the first place I come is to etsy. I know that if I am not giving a friend a piece of my jewelry, that I can find them something awesome here. :)

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

4 comments:

DAINTYCROCHETBYALY said...

yes!!! I am buying all my xmas gifts from Etsy!

I can not wait to show you all my handpainted top from norakaren!

Good luck everyoone, viva handmade!!

Beth said...

Shopping and buying handmade is so much fun! Skip the malls full of the same old stuff. Support a local economy and local artisan by purchasing handmade. The quality and attention to detail are amazing.

And Etsy shop owners are so nice!!!!

Nora said...

I love the new face of our blog..beautiful!

Tashai said...

Handmade for life baby!!
Just wanted to wish you a tremendous holiday season!